News & Events Blog Out of the Ashes
Unsubscribe
Out of the Ashes

A family of five was displaced after their Mazomanie townhouse caught fire late on Saturday, May 13, 2017. The property is owned by Dane County Housing Authority (DCHA). The fire originated inside the attached garage where a vehicle was undergoing repairs. The house was considered a total loss - approximately $165,000 in damages.

FGS The Restoration Company emergency response team arrived in the early morning hours on Sunday to board up the property and secure exterior access. Two days later, FGS was retained by DCHA as the general contractor to restore and repair the completely gutted residence.

The work scope included a complete re-build of the exterior and interior of the residence and two-car garage. Intense smoke and water damage throughout also needed to be addressed.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire, but this preventable fire should serve as an important reminder that car fluids are highly flammable. Heat and electrical sparks combined with leaking fluids are all it takes to start a car fire.

Jay Wilcox, Project Manager and the entire FGS The Restoration crew, did a fantastic job - the transformation is amazing!

Handicap AccessibleEqual Opportunity FGS The Restoration Company is an equal opportunity provider and employer